Qualities of a Good Secretary or Other Clerical Support Staff:
The Clerical Support Staff of the State Attorney’s Office is responsible for secretarial work of considerable variety and complexity. Success requires a detail-oriented individual with initiative, who is reliable and thorough, and able to interact pleasantly and courteously with both the public and fellow employees.
Duties May Include:
- Performing data entry required to track case progress and history
- Preparing and processing legal documents and records
- Typing correspondences, court orders, investigative reports, office memorandums, subpoenas and expense vouchers
- Maintaining control records
onthe incoming correspondence and action documents
- Tracking and following up on work in process to ensure timely reply or action
- Locating and pulling case files on the court calendar, preparing for Assistant State Attorney to take to court
- Answering telephone calls, and resolving or routing appropriately
- Reading incoming mail, and handling or routing appropriately
- Performing all clerical work related to a particular phase of the supervisor’s program, maintaining all records, and composing correspondence relative to the program
- Performing related work as required
Minimum Training and Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Skills testing may be required for designated positions.
Highly motivated individuals on the State Attorney’s Office support staff are encouraged to develop their skills, knowledge
State Attorney’s Office
Attn: Kelly Williams
311 W. Monroe Street
Ed Austin Building
Jacksonville, FL, 32202
After opening the application, press the email icon and email the application to yourself. From your email, open and complete the application. After completing, press the email icon and return it to, SAO4th@coj.net.