Qualities of a Good Investigator
An Investigator with the State Attorney’s Office is responsible for investigatory work, and conducting criminal investigations into felony and misdemeanor cases.
This requires a highly motivated, self-starting individual who works well without close supervision; someone who will work tirelessly until the job is completed, even if it requires working long hours; someone who has the ability to get along with co-workers and the public, as well as other law enforcement agencies; someone whose reputation for honesty and integrity is above reproach and who has never had disciplinary problems in prior law enforcement employment; and someone who is anxious to become a valuable member of the prosecution trial team.
- Conducting crime scene investigations to gather evidence and take pictures for use in court
- Evaluating evidence of investigations and preparing reports and findings
- Assisting local and state law enforcement agencies in conducting investigations
- Making arrests on probable cause with or without search or arrest warrants, including the pursuit, apprehension and arrest of violators of criminal activities
- Testifying in court as to conclusions and evaluations of evidence
- Performing related work as required
Minimum Training and Experience:
Investigator applicants are required to have at least five years of prior law enforcement experience and current certification by the Florida (FDLE) Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission
The office seeks applicants who are certified and experienced law enforcement officers, who have prepared themselves by seeking out higher education and training opportunities, both in academic and professional training programs.
If you are interested in a law enforcement career with the State Attorney’s Office, please complete the application provided below and email it and your resume to Monica Bain at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send it to:
State Attorney’s Office
Attn: Monica Bain
311 W. Monroe St.
Ed Austin Building
Jacksonville, FL, 32202
After opening the application, press the email icon and email the application to yourself. From your email, open and complete the application. After completing, press the email icon and return it to, SAO4th@coj.net.