Qualities of a Good Victim Advocate:
A Victim Advocate in the State Attorney’s Office is a specialized victim/witness counselor who acts as a liaison between the State Attorney’s Office and victims of crime and their families, where the charges being investigated and/or prosecuted by this agency involve sexual or physical abuse or homicide.
This job requires a compassionate, dedicated individual with good interpersonal skills.
- Interviewing victims and families allegedly involved with sexual or physical abuse
- Coordinating with multiple agencies investigating such cases
- Assisting in the interview process of victims of sexual or physical abuse, or neglect, to determine the extent of abuse
- Performing all duties indicated for optimal care for victims and families
- Performing related work as required or assigned
Minimum Training and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field and a minimum of two years experience in the criminal justice system, one year of which must have involved direct services with victims.
If you are interested in a career as a Victim Advocate with the State Attorney’s Office, please complete the application provided below and email it and your resume to Monica Bain at email@example.com, or send it to:
State Attorney’s Office
Attn: Monica Bain
311 W. Monroe St.
Ed Austin Building
Jacksonville, FL, 32202
After opening the application, press the email icon and email the application to yourself. From your email, open and complete the application. After completing, press the email icon and return it to, SAO4th@coj.net.