- Celebrating Our Own The SAO recently held its annual awards ceremony that showcased a year of exceptional work.
- Above and Beyond: SAO Team Recognized Throughout Community A roundup of the exemplary efforts, noted awards, and prestigious distinctions members of the office achieved during the first half of 2018.
- SAO Launches ‘KEYS 2 Drive’ Program The goal? To help certain traffic offenders obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Smith Pleads Guilty to First-Degree Murder in 2017 Killing of Aunt He was sentenced to Life in Florida State Prison without the possibility of parole for the killing of 74-year-old Janice Fulton.
- SAO Recognizes Law Enforcement with OLEO Awards The inaugural awards showcased exemplary efforts from those who serve our community.
- Conviction Integrity Review Now Online The first for Florida now has a dedicated web presence.
- Jacksonville Man Faces Life for Sexual Battery, Sex Act on a Minor A jury found Smith guilty of Sexual Battery, Unlawful Sexual Activity with Certain Minors, and Showing Obscene Materials to Minors.
- Fourth Circuit Grand Jury Indicts 8 For First-Degree Murder With the indictments, each defendant faces a sentence of mandatory life in prison, unless the State provides notice of its intent to seek the death penalty.
- Carl Harms Named 2018 Distinguished Victim Services Award Winner Harms’ dedication as a victim specialist is well known within the Fourth Judicial Circuit, but he has now received accolades on a grander scale.
- Holmes Receives Life Sentence for 2016 Murder of Son’s Mother On March 23, 2018, Holmes was sentenced to Life in Florida State Prison by the Honorable Russell L. Healey.
- Gauldin Sentenced to 35 Years for Two Counts of Armed Burglary Renard Terrell Gauldin, 21, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of two counts of Armed Robbery, and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
- Announcing the 2017 Annual Report The report is a first for the office and now available.
- Hilaire Receives 18 Years for Armed Robbery, Firearm Possession Kevin Hilaire, 21, of Jacksonville to 18 years in Florida State Prison for Armed Robbery, and Possession of a Firearm by an Adjudicated Delinquent.
- Lopez Sentenced to Life in Prison for Workplace Shooting Murder Ezequiel Soriano Lopez, 26, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Second-Degree Murder and sentenced to Life in Florida State Prison.
- Jakubowski Receives 30 Years in Prison for Sexual Battery, Other Crimes Jakubowski was found guilty by a jury of Armed Sexual Battery, and Burglary with Intent to Commit Assault or Battery, and sentenced to 30 years in Florida State Prison.