- Edwards receives 20-year Sentence for 2 DUI Manslaughter Deaths The Honorable Howard Maltz sentenced Dalton Roy Edwards, 22, of Bunnell, to 20 Years in Florida State Prison for two counts of DUI Manslaughter.
- Nassau County Man Faces Life in Prison for Sexual Battery, False Imprisonment Jeffrey Allen Weddington II, 27, of Fernandina Beach, was found guilty by a jury of Sexual Battery with Force, False Imprisonment, and Felony Battery.
- Grubb to Serve 25 Years for Carjacking-related Crimes The Honorable Angela M. Cox has sentenced Chad Grubb to 25-year and 15-year concurrent sentences for carjacking-related crimes in 2016.
- Prison Releasee Reoffender Faces Life for Armed Burglary Bobbie Jackson, IV, 21, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Armed Burglary and Armed Trespassing
- Alston Receives Life in Prison for Murder at Jacksonville Gas Station The Honorable Russell L. Healey has sentenced Lorenzo Carol Alston, 24, of Jacksonville, to Life in Florida State Prison for Second-Degree Murder.
- Payne Convicted of Armed Sexual Battery in 1996 Cold Case Terrence Keith Payne, 44, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Armed Sexual Battery.
- Man Pleads Guilty to Two Counts of Lewd or Lascivious Molestation Tony Gerald Ellison, 52, of Jacksonville, pleaded guilty to two counts of Lewd or Lascivious Molestation.
- Jackson Guilty of Second-Degree Murder in Gang-Related Killing Keith Dion Jackson, II, 27, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Second-Degree Murder.
- Rojas Found Guilty of Attempted First-Degree Murder of JSO Detective Kevin Ryan Rojas, 21, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Attempted First-Degree Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer and other charges.
- Nassau County Man Found Guilty of Sale/Delivery of Oxycodone Michael Keith Googins, 48, of Nassau County, was found guilty by a jury of Sale or Delivery of Oxycodone.
- Reed Found Guilty on 3 Counts of Sexual Battery Victor Vaughn Reed, 51, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of three counts of Sexual Battery.
- Nelson Launches Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee The year-long, community-led effort seeks to reduce recidivism rates and crime through better juvenile programs.
- Prison Releasee Reoffender Found Guilty of Burglary Akeen Kadoni Paul, 22, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of Burglary to a Dwelling and Resisting An Officer Without Violence.
- Law Enforcement, State Attorney Taking Storm-related Crimes Seriously Local law enforcement and Fourth Circuit State Attorney’s Office enhance efforts to arrest, prosecute individuals who used Hurricane Irma to commit crimes of opportunity.
- Nelson’s First ‘Incoming Class’ Features 16 Prosecutors The Fourth Circuit has added 16 new prosecutors who will handle misdemeanor crimes in County Court.