- Fourth Circuit Grand Jury Indicts 3 for First-Degree Murder With the indictments, each defendant faces a sentence of mandatory life in prison upon conviction.
- Human Trafficker Pleads Guilty, Will Serve 10 Years in Prison His 10-year sentence will be followed by 10 years of probation.
- Hayes, Richardson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder in Drive-by Shooting of 22-Month-Old Aiden McClendon Both men now face a maximum of life in prison.
- Wright-Conner Found Guilty of Second-Degree Murder in 2015 Killing Sentencing is to be set the week of June 25 by the Honorable Linda McCallum.
- Celebrating Our Own The SAO recently held its annual awards ceremony that showcased a year of exceptional work.
- Above and Beyond: SAO Team Recognized Throughout Community A roundup of the exemplary efforts, noted awards, and prestigious distinctions members of the office achieved during the first half of 2018.
- SAO Launches ‘KEYS 2 Drive’ Program The goal? To help certain traffic offenders obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Smith Pleads Guilty to First-Degree Murder in 2017 Killing of Aunt He was sentenced to Life in Florida State Prison without the possibility of parole for the killing of 74-year-old Janice Fulton.
- SAO Recognizes Law Enforcement with OLEO Awards The inaugural awards showcased exemplary efforts from those who serve our community.
- Conviction Integrity Review Now Online The first for Florida now has a dedicated web presence.
- Jacksonville Man Faces Life for Sexual Battery, Sex Act on a Minor A jury found Smith guilty of Sexual Battery, Unlawful Sexual Activity with Certain Minors, and Showing Obscene Materials to Minors.
- Fourth Circuit Grand Jury Indicts 8 For First-Degree Murder With the indictments, each defendant faces a sentence of mandatory life in prison, unless the State provides notice of its intent to seek the death penalty.
- Carl Harms Named 2018 Distinguished Victim Services Award Winner Harms’ dedication as a victim specialist is well known within the Fourth Judicial Circuit, but he has now received accolades on a grander scale.
- Holmes Receives Life Sentence for 2016 Murder of Son’s Mother On March 23, 2018, Holmes was sentenced to Life in Florida State Prison by the Honorable Russell L. Healey.
- Gauldin Sentenced to 35 Years for Two Counts of Armed Burglary Renard Terrell Gauldin, 21, of Jacksonville, was found guilty by a jury of two counts of Armed Robbery, and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.