State Attorney Melissa Nelson is pleased to offer summer internship opportunities for college and law students. This program is designed to offer students a variety of prosecutorial experiences.
September 2018 update:
Applications for Spring 2019 Internships will be accepted through Nov. 16.
Applications for Summer 2019 Internships will be accepted through March 25.
- Attend misdemeanor, juvenile, and felony trials
- Attend a variety of proceedings, including First Appearance Court, Traffic Court, Calendar Call, depositions, and jury selection
- Meet and Greet with Melissa Nelson and/or Senior Attorneys in an informal setting
- Past field trips and tours have included: FBI Jacksonville Office Tour, Duval County Jail Tour, JSO Bomb Squad Show and Tell, 9-1-1 Command Center Tour, TSA K9 demonstrations, Clay County Sheriff and Fire Department Control Burn, and a tour of the Florida State Prison
- Weekly meetings and
Projects in which interns participate:
- Legal research and writing
- Document review and file organization
- Prosecution support services through assistance in
trialpreparation and technical support
- Monitoring inmate calls for relevant information, and CLI students may handle Motion Hearings and Bench Trials
To apply, please download and complete the application above. Applications and resumes should be e-mailed to Kelly Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.