Prosecution Support Specialist
Qualities of a Good Prosecution Support Specialist:
A Prosecution Support Specialist in the State Attorney’s Office is responsible for performing routine assignments in support of the various diversion programs offered. A Prosecution Support Specialist must be a detail-oriented individual with good communication, organizational, computer, and analytical skills, along with someone who displays objectivity, commitment, and reliability.
- Interviewing, analyzing, and summarizing citizen complaints through Intake, and referring them to the appropriate diversion program or for attorney review
- Conducting mediation/arbitration hearings on cases referred to programs, as necessary
- Preparing deferred prosecution agreements for the required signatures
- Determining sanctions for defendants accepted into one of the programs
- Examining legal instruments or other documents to assure completeness of information and conformance to pertinent laws, rules, regulations, precedents or office requirements
- Reviewing files after hearings to determine follow-up or disposition status
- Providing required follow-up on cases to ensure successful completion of program requirements
- Collecting and compiling statistical program information
- Assisting in collecting, summarizing and analyzing information on special research projects as directed
- Assisting with other special projects as directed
Minimum Training and Experience:
Graduation with a four-year degree from an accredited college or university. Consideration may be given for work-related experience in the criminal justice system on a year-by-year basis for the required college degree.
If you are interested in a career as a Prosecution Support Specialist with the State Attorney’s Office, please complete the application provided below and email it and your resume to Kelly Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send it to:
State Attorney’s Office
Attn: Kelly Williams
311 W. Monroe Street
Ed Austin Building
Jacksonville, FL, 32202
After opening the application, press the email icon and email the application to yourself. From your email, open and complete the application. After completing, press the email icon and return it to, SAO4th@coj.net.