FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: David Chapman
Phone: (904) 255-3004
Cell: (904) 524-6626
July 18, 2019
FOURTH CIRCUIT GRAND JURY INDICTS 5 FOR FIRST-DEGREE MURDER
State Attorney Melissa Nelson announces the return by a Duval County grand jury of indictments charging five defendants with First-Degree Murder.
The grand jury returned First-Degree Murder charges for:
• Shawntell Bryant, S.A. No. 19CF003799AD. Bryant also is charged with Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
• Lawrence Hall, S.A. No. 19CF001632AD. Hall also is charged with two counts of Attempted Second-Degree Murder; Armed Robbery; Armed Burglary; Kidnapping; Burglary to a Dwelling; Grand Theft Auto; Aggravated Fleeing/Attempting to Elude Law Enforcement Causing Death or Serious Bodily Injury; and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
• Jonte Harris, S.A. No. 18CF059833AD. Harris also is charged with Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, and Aggravated Child Abuse.
• Javarius Jackson, S.A. No. 18CF031866AD. Jackson also is charged with Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
• Johnathan Quiles, S.A. No. 19CF041884AD. Quiles is charged with two counts of First-Degree Murder and one count of Sexual Battery (Familial or Custodial Sex Act).
Download the official release:
SAO4 Release – Grand Jury Indicts 5 for First-Degree Murder